Helping You Through The Joint Replacement Process
Together with Palm Drive Hospital, we’ve created a special toolkit to help you through the joint replacement process. Surgery can be a stressful time and we are here to take some of the mystery out of your surgical course.
The information below will be helpful in preparing you for your big event. Studies have shown that the more prepared you are before surgery, the easier it will be for you to participate in your care, which will help you reach your optimal level of your activities or daily living.
Together with Palm Drive Hospital, we have a dedicated team of professional staff who are waiting to care for you. The most significant members are you and your family/friends, your Orthopedic Surgeon, Anesthesiologist, Primary Care Physician, Nursing Staff, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Discharge Planner and Home Care.
- Successful pain management
- Increase your strength, motion and mobility
- Maximize your independence in self-care, transfers and walking
- Improve standing
- Continue to stay free of infection
- Prevent post-op complications
- Promote education and skills for returning to your activities for daily living as quickly as possible
Important Phone Numbers
Sebastopol Orthopaedics – 823-7602
PDH Pre-admission nurse -829-4346
PDH PT (outpatient) – 824-8018
Dr. Murphy – 566-7026
Palm Drive Hospital – 823-8511
Surgery Waiting Room – 829-4334
Discharge Planning – 829-4330
Joint Replacement Toolkit
Click on the links below to access pages in the toolkit.
- Preparing for Surgery
- Packing List for the Hospital
- Preparing Your Home Before Joint Replacement Surgery
- Equipment Needs Following Total Hip Replacement Surgery
- Herbal Supplements and Orthopaedic Surgery
- Managing Pain Prior to Orthopaedic Surgery
- Iron Supplements
- What to Expect After Leaving the Recovery Room
- Schedule for Your Hospital Stay
- Total Joint Replacement and Dental Procedures