Before returning home, your physical therapist will recommend the following equipment to help with your safety and independence at home.
- Crutches or walker
- Tub bench
- Handheld shower (optional)
Sebastopol Orthopaedics and Palm Drive Hospital generally do not provide equipment for you. The exception is Medicare patients who have not had a walker in the past five years. You will be responsible for obtaining and/or arranging for delivery of these items. Your insurance company may have a preferred vendor for “durable medical equipment (DME)”. Be sure to check with your insurance company before ordering. Listed below are a few vendors in the Sebastopol area who may be able to assist you in supplying the needed equipment.
Used walkers can be found at:
- Sutter VNA Hospice Thrift Store
- Littons Springs Thrift Store (Healdsburg)
- Sebastopol Senior Center – Equipment loaned out
New walkers and crutches can be purchased at:
- Sonoma Surgical Supply (Santa Rosa)
- Daniels Supply (formerly Redwood Empire Medical Supply in Rohnert Park)
- Western Orthopedic (Santa Rosa)
- Medical Dynamics (Santa Rosa)
- Mobility Masters (on Dutton in Santa Rosa)
- Pacific Medical Supply (Petaluma)