We recommend that you bring the following for your hospital stay:
- Personal toiletries
- Leave your medications at home except for inhalers or eye drops (let the nurse know that you have them).
- Please leave valuables and all jewelry at home.
Television is available for each patient in every room.
At the hospital, you will be working with the physical therapist outside your room. They would like you to feel comfortable; however use of an IV line will limit your use of street clothes. Previous patients have told us that the most comfortable clothes for working with your physical therapy are:
- Short bathrobe
- Good support shoes or slippers
- Loose-fitting leisure clothes that can accommodate IVs and drain tubes
We recommend bringing clothes that you would not mind if they get soiled with fluids.
You may also want to bring:
- A comfortable pillow
- Reading materials
- Battery-operated radio/CD player with headset
- Other handiwork