Sebastopol Orthopaedics recently began offering ultrasound rotator cuff evaluations and guided injections for those suffering from shoulder pain. We’re excited to offer this new service which extends the following advantages to our patients:
- Painless and Immediate results.
- Interpretation by an actual orthopaedic surgeon who has first-hand knowledge of the anatomy through years of experience performing both open and arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs.
- No concern for claustrophobia.
- Ability to dynamically examine tendons.
- Complete cuff exam may take less than 20 minutes.
- A fraction of the cost of MRI (around $150 vs. $1,500).
- Ability to perform targeted injections to the bicipital groove, subacromial space, AC joint, or glenohumeral joint with greater accuracy, in the same visit, saving patient time.
- Minimally invasive treatment for calcific tendonitis available.
- Can be used to quickly confirm clinical diagnoses such as proximal or distal bicep tendon tears, or other tendon ruptures such as Achilles injuries without the need for separate imaging and specialty consultations.
- Patient Satisfaction! Many patients enjoy seeing their own anatomy, live on the screen, and ultimately have a better understanding of their condition.
If you are experiencing shoulder pain or have questions about this procedure, please contact our office to make an appointment.